i've been finding myself listening to r. kelly's ignition (remix) whenever i need to start something. whether it has been getting ready for school/work, starting a paper, or this long, and overdue blog post.
hello. i'm alive.
while i seem to have lost my will to take 'outfit photos', as well as every day life photos, i am still around. here is a list of things:
- i have moved: i moved to a new 2/1 with my bestie/new roommate, caitlin. i have mentioned this happening before. i flew to her in jan, and we drove back to california from connecticut together. the drive went smoothly. now i am still getting settled, while she is completely unpacked. i can look to my left and see a pile of clothes and cardboard boxes stacked on top of each other. one of these days i will finish. oh yeah, i've been here about a month now. so. probably not.
- work is picking back up again, and i am not ready. the boyfriend had stopped working at the nursery briefly (that's where we met!), but is now employed there again. so although we work together, we don't get to spend nearly as much time together as we once did. also, i am not ready for the spring season. i know i can handle it just fine, but being a seasoned employee, and not a newbie this year, a lot more is expected of me (more hours included). this last week was 40 hours with my 12 unit school schedule. while i've done this before, it being my last semester it is a bit much, but nothing i can't handle.
- school! i graduate! i am so ready for it.
- pistachio is loving having all the room to run around now, sometimes he looks so happy running around, chewing on boxes. but i'm pretty sure i discovered a part of the couch (in the back luckily) that he has decided to chew, this is of course after i had covered all available cords. oh well.
- the boyfriend (okay, he has a name, it is michael) is the best thing ever. more on that later.
- instagram, still the one place i am semi-active.
in terms of clothing: this is one of my favorite cardigans ever of all time ever. thank you thrift store. shrunken wool cardigans have become a staple in my wardrobe. especially in lovely colors like this. the dress came from the modcloth last hurrah sale at the end of august, and i hadn't worn it until this. and i've worn it quite a few times since.
now, it isn't as if i am not getting dressed. but with working 5 days a week, i prefer to go home after 8-9 hours of work and put on leggings and oversized sweatshirts than get dressed (especially when it is completely dark when i get home) and i haven't felt the need to photograph the outfits i wear to school the other two days a week. hopefully this will change, or maybe this blog will change. i'm not sure.
belt: forever 21