Saturday, May 21, 2011

texas blues

day one and two: arriving in texas, and downtown wichita falls, tx.








day one: i arrived in texas after a lousy plane ride. turbulence, almost lost my baggage etc. and i was exhausted. i'd been up already sine 3:30 am and so we took it relatively easy. we got some food at the fort worth stockyard (fried portabella mushroom burger) and just hung out.
















details: top: h&m, jeans: forever 21, moccasins: minetonka, bag : vintage/thrifted

day two: we went to downtown wichita falls, tried thrifting, failed. went to antique stores, and they were pretty cool, but out of my price range. i did find a long sleeved, collared floral dress with pockets! that's slightly too small for me in the arms (debating selling it or keeping it), and a plastic blue record player for $15 for both of them. my hair looks crazy because it was so so windy in texas.





senior portraits by the 'falls' of witchita falls.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you're having an amazing time on your trip!!! That portabello mushroom burger looks amazing, I might actually attempt to make one for myself now :P Looking forward to reading about the rest of your adventures :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, cool pictures! I'd love to go on a trip like that right now! And by the way, when I moved to the States, my stopover was in Dallas and they messed up with my luggage, too! I got to Burbank, California and it wasn't there. They later sent to my house and everything was fine, though. But I got scared, pretty much all my most loved belongings were there in those bags, haha.

    Hope you're having fun! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking lovely :) The big Ford in the tow away zone looks defiant :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That burger looks delish :) I love your outfit too, those moccasins are great.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comment! i love hearing what you have to say and try to take time to visit every blog!
questions?
betharoonie@gmail.com