Sunday, January 22, 2012

dead and gone








I'm still trying to wear the sweater over a dress thing. this outfit was super comfy, but did not photograph well. I look like a Lumpy Space Princess. You don't even get to see how cute the collar looked pulled out over the sweater. Oh well. You lose some. 
I went to Crossroads Trading Co to sell some clothes today.  I made $24 bucks selling 5 items! Which isn't bad at all. Considering a handful of those were thrifted. I'm going to take the rest to another buy back place and see how I do there. I decided to spend my earning and go thrifting. I found a couple of things for the shop, a pot for the house, and a slip (because I wear slips under ALL my dresses).  While I was in the thrift store, turns out I left my lights on in my car. Which was NOT good. Not just because I had a dead battery, but because this battery was OLD. Not good. I had to call AAA and I got the entire thing replaced. My wallet is now dead and bleeding. It hurt. So, I'm having a sale over at His & Hers Vintage use code CALIFORNIA and get 20% off your order. It would really help a girl out if you checked it out. Maybe I'd then feel more motivated to put stuff up there. 















details:
 sweater: old navy
dress: vintage/thrifted
tights:  forever 21
shoes: forever 21
bag:  fieldguided






10 comments:

  1. I think the sweater over the dress looks good :)
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big dress + sweater fan me :)
    Sorry to hear about your car trouble, hope it's plain sailing from now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dead batteries are the worst. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look adorable, gorgeous photos - what camera/lens and software do you use?

    http://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.com/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ughh i'm so sorry to hear about the car lights. :( i always worry that something like that is going to happen to me!

    i love your shoes, and i think the sweater over the dress looks good!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You don't look like a lumpy space princess, but even if you did it wouldn't be bad because Lumpy Space Princess is lumpin' awesome. I love wearing sweaters over dresses, and you do it wonderfully. So cute!
    Sorry about the dead car battery :( I'm always super paranoid about leaving my lights on (I've been known to forget to shut them).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely outfit, love the dress!

    http://thefashioninbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I second everything Nicole said. ^^^^^^ You look great. Sorry about the collar. I bet it looked lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this dark blue and black combo! I'm so sorry about your car, though, uggggh! This reminds me of the time I went to Buffalo Exchange to sell some clothes, sold only a couple of things, then locked my keys in the car and had to pay for service to get back into the car. AND THEN, as if that wasn't enough, I drove over to Crossroads to try to sell more stuff and recoup my losses, and instead of selling anything, I got a ticket for parking my car in a spot where you weren't supposed to be without a permit after 6. It is the worst when you're trying to make some money and then end up getting all your money taken away from you.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comment! i love hearing what you have to say and try to take time to visit every blog!
questions?
betharoonie@gmail.com