Monday, November 7, 2011

music monday: tom waits

i've decided to bring back music mondays, i used to do them a long time ago on the blog, and music drives me, inspires me and helps me get through each day. so why not.




tom waits
it has been said that tom waits' voice sounds, "like it was soaked in a vat of bourbon, left hanging in the smokehouse for a few months, and then taken outside and run over with a car." and i'd say that's the best description i've ever heard. his music is a mix between blues, jazz, vaudeville and old fashion rock n' roll. with a whiskey soaked growl.








this video is a 'private listening party with tom waits' in which he does things and plays clips from his latest album.



here is a short playlist of a couple songs i like, if you'd like to give tom waits a try.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

1 comment:

  1. So, I actually decided a few weeks ago I really wanted to listen to more Tom Waits, so THANK YOU for this. I had no idea where to start, but his voice is just so...I don't even know. And I'm not sure how to feel about it. I'm thinking it'll grow on me, though.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comment! i love hearing what you have to say and try to take time to visit every blog!
questions?
betharoonie@gmail.com