Wednesday, August 17, 2011

we're havin' a party







it's been a totally unintentionally long time since i last posted. but in that time, i house sat and puppy sat, started another book, watched a lot of tv and started packing to get ready to move.





these photos are from my birthday! (august 5th) and it was a lovely mellow day. had lunch at my parents house, watched zoolander, went thrifting, had thai food for dinner, then went bowling and then out for drinks. it was lovely. one of the better birthday i've had.





i bought this dress in texas, from a cute little vintage/handmade store. and it had 3/4 sleeves, and was about 6 inches longer. it was cute, but a little too teachery. i made it more wearable by taking off the sleeves and taking it up a bit. i still wanted to keep some of the length (for twirling) and i kind of love it. the print, the pockets, the collar, the big red buttons. i can see me wearing this a lot. totally worth the $10 i paid for it.




details:
dress: vintage/altered
belt: thrifted
shoes: forever 21
bag: vintage coach/thrifted



this lovely boy helped me with the photos. so here is his outfit as well









here are some bowling photos!













6 comments:

  1. You are too adorable in that dress. And those bowling photos are wonderful. Glad to hear you had a great birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, you seem to have had a great birthday! ;) And yay for a boy's outfit post!

    Hope you're getting ready to have a great weekend! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The alteration worked out really well :)
    I find that sometimes the least planned birthdays seem to be the best. The less expectations you have, probably the better. Bowling is fun. I should go bowling again... hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was your birthday!? Happy birthday!!! You look adorable. That is definitely a birthday dress that says 'it's my birthday and i'm FABULOUS'. I love the belt! I wish I were a better bowler. Last time...I got a score of 27. Yeah. Really.

    Also, thank you so much for your comment. It means a lot to me that anyone would want to read anything I write along with the pictures, so THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday! The dress looks great - you're so clever to be able to modify things like that (and I enjoy that you kept some length 'for twirling' - gotta love a good twirling dress)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bethany I absolutely love your style! it's so ladylike and classy :)-sarah naasko

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comment! i love hearing what you have to say and try to take time to visit every blog!
questions?
betharoonie@gmail.com